Keep Your Smile Healthy with Preventative Dentistry and Dental Care Education
You’ve likely heard the phrase, “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” This phrase also applies to keeping a healthy smile. Dr. Kavneet Bindra and her team at Crestview Family Dental in Santa Clara, California, encourage patients to educate themselves further on the benefits of preventative dentistry. Preventative dentistry is the use of dental preventive care services such as examinations and cleanings to keep the smile healthy for life! Instead of having a reactive approach to dentistry, visiting the dentist only when problems arise, patients are strongly encouraged to be proactive about their oral health and visit the dentist as directed, every six months.
What are preventative dental care services available with Dr. Kavneet Bindra?
Preventative services are strongly encouraged as they help prevent tooth decay and periodontal disease. Dr. Kavneet Bindra also sees preventive care as addressing these problems to keep them from getting more severe—and more costly. Below are just a few of the more common preventative dental services available at our practice:
- Dental cleanings – dental health starts with routine cleanings. In addition to having professional cleanings performed at the dentist, patients should brush and floss their teeth after every meal to keep the smile healthy and clean.
- Dental sealants – cavities are a serious concern for some of our patients. Preventing them with sealants or even fluoride applications is one way we can assist patients in protecting the smile from damage.
- Tooth decay diagnosis – we look for the early signs of cavities with a physical evaluation and dental x-ray imaging to catch these issues when they are easy and affordable to treat.
- Oral cancer screenings – your best choice of survival if diagnosed with oral cancer is when you have early detection and treatment. We offer oral cancer screenings at each evaluation and may perform a biopsy if there is a growth or area of concern.
- Dental imaging – our team offers dental imaging with x-rays to ensure patients have a healthy smile beyond what the dentist can see.
Call the Crestview Family Dental team in Santa Clara, California, today
Call (408) 217-0727 to request an appointment with Dr. Kavneet Bindra and her team to learn more about the preventative dentistry solutions available for new and returning patients.